4 big-sized(or six medium-sized) Irish potato
1/2 kilogram of chicken
Cabbage (to preference)
Carrots (to preference)
1 medium-sized onion, ginger and garlic
3 long sticks of Uda
5 Uhuru (or 2 tsp blended uhuru)
3 dried Ghana pepper (or 1 tsp blended Ghana pepper)
3 cups of water
PREPARE THE CHICKEN
Marinate the chicken with grated ginger and garlic. Add 1/2 of the onion, 1/2 tsp of salt and a little seasoning. Cover and leave for 30 minutes or as long as you can wait (e.g 24 hrs in the fridge or weeks in the freezer). But 30 mins is just fine.
– Put it in a pot and place on cooker burning at low heat.
– Allow to slowly heat up and then cook for 15 minutes.
– Natural water from the chicken will seep out gradually. Add a cup of water and allow to boil for another 10 minutes.
PREPARE THE POTATOES
Wash and peel the Irish potatoes. Chop into two or three depending on the size.
– Add the potatoes into the boiling chicken.
– Add another cup of water and leave for 15 minutes on medium heat.
– After 15 minutes, the potatoes will be slightly soft and cooked. Add the Ghana pepper and uhuru bend. Add the uda and leave to cook for another 5 minutes. Just until you can percieve the aroma of the spices.
Now add the remaining half onions, the carrot and finally, the cabbage. Add the cabbage in two additions: the first set(i.e half of the entire cabbage to be used) right after the carrots. Cover and allow to cook for another 5 minutes. Add the last set of cabbage, reduce fire to low and sizzle for another 3-5 minutes. Turn off the heat. ITS READY!