- 2 cups of beans
- Spring onions
- Fresh red pepper
- Fish (Salmon)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (secret ingredient)
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel the beans
- Slice the spring onions, onions, and pepper into a desirable size
- Blend your peeled beans till smooth. Once smooth, add the 2 raw eggs and ‘pulse’ the blender till well combined.
- Alternatively, you can pour the blended beans into a cake mixer, break the eggs into it and gently fold in until well combined.
- Add your spring onions, onions, pepper, prawns/shrimps, fish and salt to taste.
- Gently stir the mixture. Mind the fish.
- In a pot, pan or deep fryer, heat the vegetable oil until it has reached the temperature for frying
- Scoop the batter by spoonfuls into the oil and fry until golden brown. You can scoop one tablespoon at a time or a medium sized serving spoon. It all depends on the size you want your akara to be.
- Serve this yum seafood akara HOT and share with family and friends if you still have any leftover after frying (Lol!)