2 cups of Rice
1 medium-sized Beetroot
1 tsp of Salt
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 medium sized Red, Green and Yellow bèll pepper each
1/2 tsp Black pepper
STEP 1:- Prepare the Beetroot juice
– Wash the beetroot and boil it (boil it whole; don’t slice) for about 10 – 15 minutes.
– Allow to cool and gently peel the skin.
– Cut it into cubes and blend in a food processor.
– Pour blended beetroot through a sieve or muslin to extract the juice. Press and squeeze out as much juice as you can. Set aside to use later.
STEP 2:- Prepare the Rice
-Wash your rice properly and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes (like you want to parboil it for fried rice).
– While the rice cooks, add one teaspoon of butter or cooking margarine.
– Drain the excess water and set the pot back on fire. Add the beetroot juice, rice, blackpper and salt.
– Allow to cook until beetroot juice dries. Stir frequently and leave the pot’s cover slightly opened.
STEP 3:- Prepare the Vegetable Side-dish
– Slice the Fish, Bell-peppers and Onions in a desirable shape.
In a skillet/Sauce pan;
– Add the Olive oil and lightly fry the Salmon. After frying for about 5 minutes,
– Add the bell peppers and onions.
– Add desired spices and sauté for about 1 – 2 minutes.
– Serve the Pink Rice and top with Vegetable Side-dish.