Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Serving: 3 persons.
4 medium-sized plantain (unripe)
l cup of water
– Peel the unripe plantain. Once peeled, gently scrape the body of the Plantain to remove the rough first layer.
– Dice the plantain into small sizes.
– Scoop half of the diced Portion into the food processor / blender. Add 1/2 a cup of water and blend it. Blend properly until smooth.
– Scoop in the remaining half. Add 1/2 cup of water and blend.
– Pour all the plantain paste into a pot and set on fire on medium heat.
– Stir the paste continously as it cooks.
– As you stir, it starts thickening; it gets thicker and thicker as it cooks. Note that at some point, the mixture will look like it has a lot of lumps(see picture below). Do not worry about it and keep stirring.
– Once it has attained the right texture, the colour would also change from pale to bright yellow or mustard.
– Add 1/4 a cup of hot or cold water, cover and allow to cook until the water is nearly dried out.
– Turn it until the water completely dries out and the meal is properly done.
– Set aside and serve with our signature fried okra soup or any soup of your choice.