- Minced meat
- Spring onions
- Dry pepper
- Burger bread
- Olive oil
- Chop the onions and the spring onions into tiny bits
- Add the chopped onions and spring onions to the minced meat and mix.
- Add the Yahji and mix in thoroughly.
- Set aside for 25 minutes and allow the seasoning to get into the meat.
Method: The burger meat
- Rub some oil on your hands and take a small ball of meat out of the marinated minced meat.
- Roll and shape it into a perfect ball. The oil on your hand will provide enough lubrication to do this.
- Place the ball of miced meat on a plate/board and gently flatten it into a disk
- Grill this in a non-stick skillet (Best type is the one that doesn’t need oil).
Method: The Burger Itself.
- Slice the burger bread into two equal halves
- Mix the dry pepper and one teaspoon of Yahji with the mayonnaise
- Spread the mayonnaise on each layer of the sliced bread
- Spread lettuce on one side of the bread, then a layer of tomatoes, a layer of beef, add more tomatoes and onions, followed by another layer of lettuce. And finally –close with the other half of bread. OR, you can just arrange the filling anyway you like!