Men have for long been belittled by the fairer sex and have been quoted as being everything ranging from egotistical, stubborn and lacking in emotion. For the ladies out there, however, it may come to you as a surprise, or even a shock, that there is much more behind a man and there is much that your man might wish you could know better about him.
Yes, it is true that it might be quite a challenge for women to understand men. However, once you get to know a few of the “basics”, it becomes much easier to understand a man. Well, there are some things that guys wish girls knew, and a few of these are listed below. Knowing these things and understanding them can go a long way in understanding a guy and building a better relationship with your man.
Things That Girls Should Know About Guys
- Guys are more emotional than they appear to be. If they ever loved you at any point of time, it will take them much longer to let go of you than you think, and it hurts them immensely each moment that they try.
- Guys love to make their women happy. At times they just don’t know how to do it.
- No matter how many women a guy flirts with all day, he will always think about the girl he truly cares about before he falls asleep.
- Be specific. Guys are not mind readers nor do they “read between the lines”. If you want a guy to know something, say it.
- Guys do not like to be used as tools to make others jealous.
- Guys hate it when girls smoke, especially if the girl in question means a lot to him.
- Guys love girls who work out.
- Guys love you more than you think they do.
- Whether you believe it or not, most times that guys hurt you, they honestly don’t mean to hurt you.
- A guy has feelings too. Just because he “appears” to be unresponsive to things that might set you off, it does not mean that he has no feelings.
- If you don’t want to know the truth, don’t ask guys questions. They say it as it is.
- When a guy falls in love, he becomes very serious about you. Do not try to make him jealous. This will push him away from you.
- Guys get possessive when they are serious about their relationship.
- A movie is not “real”. Do not expect guys to do and say everything that is said in movies. It takes countless drafts and revisions for groups of people to come up with just “one” of those sweet lines that are said in movies.
- Guys run from girls who are clingy, no matter how deeply they might love them.
- If a guy sacrifices his health and sleep just to be with you or talk to you, it means that he loves you more than you can imagine.
- You can be the most beautiful woman in the world. However, if you are being nasty to your guy, it’s curtains for you.
- As tough as a guy may appear to be, he still likes to be reassured that he is loved.
- A guy finds you more attractive when you are cooking than when you are dressed to kill.
- A guy might listen politely when you talk about your ex-boyfriend. However, this does not mean that he is interested in having ceaseless conversations on each thing your ex did and why it didn’t work out.
- When a guy likes you, he teases you.
- While a guy may ogle a girl in a mini-skirt, he definitely prefers a girl with brains.
- Not all guys are jerks. Just because you have met a couple of jerks it doesn’t mean that they all are.
- A guy who loves you will want to be the only guy you talk to.
- You are not a model from a magazine and your guy doesn’t expect you to be one.
- Guys don’t like their past mistakes being brought up constantly by the women they love.
- The only “operation” of the remote control to which you are entitled is to pick it up and hand it to your guy.
- Guys don’t like their driving skills being criticized.
- Video games have a special place in a guy’s life.
- Guys don’t like to be interrupted when they are watching a game. You can ask questions later.
- Guys hate it when things said in old arguments are brought up in the current argument.
- A Guys’ night out is not something to be discussed with you. Ask questions about it only if you want to get your head bitten off.
- No matter how much a guy may drool over a super-hot woman, in the end, it personality that counts with him.
- Guys cry. This does not make them unmanly.
- When you start getting jealous of your guy’s relationship with his female friend, you are pushing him closer to her.
- If a guy tells you that he is crazy about you, he really is. It is not often that guys say that.
- Guys have more problems than you might be aware of.
- A guy doesn’t bother much about whether you wear new clothes or get a new hairdo as much as he bothers about “you”.
- If a guy loves you, he will do anything to get you to notice him.
- A guy needs a listening ear at times. Don’t give him advice and don’t lecture him all the time – just listen.
- A guy will waste a lot of time over video games and sports, just the same way as you would waste time over novels and make up.
- Guys hate it when arguments are ended with “Whatever” or “Fine”. They know that the argument will re-surface at some later point of time if this is how it ends.
- Guys rarely look into things minutely. So if you’ve trimmed your hair half an inch, it wouldn’t be fair to explode at him for not noticing it.
- Guys generally don’t like match-making. If you don’t want to upset your guy, do not expect him to “convince” his friend to date your friend, just because she is lonely and her date cancelled out.
- Guys never really stop loving girls whom they truly loved before.
- A guy’s first love is special.
- Guys love it when girls they really like, ask them for advice. It brings out the protector in them.
- Surprise your guy with little gifts or even a surprise evening out. It’s not just girls who love to be pampered.
- Guys love girls who take an interest in their career and make it a point to find out more about what their man does.
- Guys love girls who love them.
While the above points hold good for guys in general, avoid the tendency to stereotype all guys you meet. Remember that each person has their own individuality, and if you really love a guy, you need to respect him for who he is.
Check out more relationship tips at http://www.thereadwrite.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joy_N